Ask your expert - Developmental Pediatrician
Dr. S.Subramanian, Nishta Integrated neurodevelopment Centre, Chennai
The first question was about developmental pediatrician. We all have heard about Pediatrician (General pediatrician) for a long time, but we came across the term 'Developmental Pediatrician' in the conferences, where were informed about the focus on a child's development. We started off our journey in understanding the what Developmental Pediatrics is all about and how its different from General Pediatrics.
Well though it sounds technical for parents, we felt that the pediatrician visit is far more than just a 'yet another checkup'.
Well some points on what a regular pediatrician checkup is meant for.
- Do physical exams
- Give your children recommended immunizations
- Make sure your child is meeting developmental milestones in growth, behavior, and skills
- Diagnose and treat your children's illnesses, infections, injuries, and other health problems
- Give you information about your child's health, safety, nutrition, and fitness needs
- Answer your questions about your child's growth and development
Well that was a good start for our conversation, lets keep the momentum going.
Self assessment is the first step to monitoring child development. Get your child's self assessment done right away. Self-Assessment Link
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.